Monday, September 26, 2011

What does it say about a country that celebrates someone like Columbus?

Throughout my education, I really never heard things about people complaing about celebrating Christopher Columbus day until now. It's not like people actually celebrate Columbus Day, students just be excited that we have a day off , and that's our celebration. The question basically is that if it's necessary to have a day off to celebrate? I kind of agree and disagree about the celebration, thats a hard desicion to make becasue Columbus was somewhat a good person but he supposely did cruel things. Although the Vikings were the first to discover the new world, Christopher Columbus brought attention to the new world which I believe why we are here today. Any how from what I read, I learned that he was similar to Hilter which isn't good but I don't believe that he was that cruel. Everyone has their own opinion about this situation and I'm not to concerned about whether if the country should celebrate it or not because in the end it wouldn't be up to me whether I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment